Alita: Battle Angel came out in 2019. Directed by Robert Rodriquez. James Cameron, the same guy who made movies like Titanic and Avatar, also helped in the writing and production of this movie.
A 1990s Japanese manga, Gunnm, by Yukito Kishiro and it’s 1993 original video animation adaptation Battle Angel, by Hiroshi Fukutomi, served as inspiration for this movie.
The movie’s main plot is about Alita, a female cyborg who wakes up in a new body with no memory of her past and goes out to cover her destiny.
The film grossed over $404 million worldwide.
Alita Battle Angel 2 Release Date
There are many fan campaigns running to this day for the theatrical release of Alita: Battle Angel.
Some of the fans even made a plane fly over the Oscars red carpet event in 2020.
There were also many billboards, demanding a sequel for the movie in Los Angeles.
There have been debates whether Disney would approve the release of this movie or not.
“Maybe it doesn’t fit into the Disneyfication, but I have no clue. I have no clue. Maybe they’re working on something and I wouldn’t be the first person to hear, but meanwhile, I haven’t heard anything,” said Christoph Waltz in April 2020.
What is the plot for the sequel?
The sequel will provide a final conclusion to the story, hopefully. The viewers are hoping it would answer all the questions queued in their minds from the first movie.
In the movie, Alita loses her lover, Hugo, but realizes that she has to do it all alone and understand her role in this world better, rising to become a Motorball champion and try to return to the mysterious city, Zalem, and its leader Nova.
Keeping the deleted scenes aside, it is evident that Rodrigues and Cameron wanted the movie to be a complete arc in itself. “She now knows who she is, and she’s got a target, and it’s still a complete story with a beginning, middle and end,” said Rodriguez.
What is the cast of Alita Battle Angel 2?
As of now, the creators have not declared the cast of the movie, so here is the already known cast from the first movie.
- Rosa Salazar as Alita. She said in an interview that she would love to play Alita till her last breath.
- Christoph Waltz as Alita’s surrogate father, Dr. Dyon Ido. The bounty hunter is returning for his role.
- Ed Skrein as Zapan, the bounty hunting cyborg, might also return for the sequel.
- Mahershala, like Vector, Nova’s proxy, would be back for the second part.
- Keean Johnson, as Hugo, the scrap dealer, will also be on the screens again.
- Jennifer Connelly, as Chiren, the cyborg engineer, will also be back in the sequel.
- Eiza Gonzalez as Nyssiana, the assassin, will be back at it again in the movie’s second part.
- Edward Norton is going to be in the sequel in a cameo role as Nova.
- Michelle Rodriguez will be playing Alita’s cyborg-mentor, Gelda.
- Jai Courtney will perform a cameo as motor ball-champion Jashugan.