It turns out that Mel Brooks’ seminal 1974 Western comedy film Blazing Saddles is the one that has inspired the upcoming comedy feature, Blazing Samurai.
This is going to be a computerized, animated, action-adventure comedy movie. The director of the film is Chris Bailey, and the writers are Ed Stone and Nate Hopper.
Here is everything you need to know about the movie’s latest updates!
Blazing Samurai: When is the movie going to release?
The movie is still in the production stage. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, we realize that it has of course been put to a halt.
Initially, the movie was set to release in April, then August 4, 2017, then May 11, 2018, in November 2019, the film was given a final release date of 2021.
The movie is going to come out in 2021. At this point, we do not have an official date, but we expect some delay as the global crisis is much more important to tackle.
Blazing Samurai: Who are the cast members of this movie?
- Michael Cera as Hank. We’ll see his journey from a scared fido to a fearless friend. Hank becomes a real samurai, who loyal to his new group and true to himself.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Jimbo, the mentor. Jimbo will be seen ruthlessly mentoring Hank. Through their friendship, this cat finds meaning in life.
- Ricky Gervais as Ika Chu, the villainy bad cat: Deputy Senior Executive Regional Warlord of the Shogun.
- Heavenly Joy Jerkins as Emiko, the optimistic one: This young kitten with high hopes will be seen becoming the first real champion of the new dog in town, Hank. A natural warrior in training, this small looking cat can make you end up in hell with her moves.
- Djimon Hounsou as Sumo, the cute giant. This big may fight with brute force, but Sumo is just a “prawn in the sea of life.”
- Mel Brooks as Shogun, the misguided but a supreme leader.
Blazing Samurai: What is the plot going to cover?
We are going to see Hank (Michael Cera’s character) dreaming of becoming a samurai. This dog character than arrives in this strange land which is wholly inhabited by cats. Here is where he meets this mischievous cat called Ika Chu. Ika indulges in Hank and asks him to become the samurai for the town of Kakamucho.
This is where Hank encounters Jimbo who was once a great Samurai, and Jimbo reluctantly starts coaching Hank. Together as a cat and dog become real friends, they set out on the journey to defeat the evil Ika Chu.