It is an upcoming American superhero web TV series produced by Steven S. DeKnight, based on the eponymous comic series by Mark Millar and Frank Quitely, that is going to premiere on Netflix in 2020.
In the recent past, the superhero genre has taken a massive flight. Nobody is willing to miss out, and Netflix is just the current platform to join the bandwagon. News broke in 2018 that the streaming giants is going to be the home for Jupiter’s Legacy. Jupiter’s Legacy Season 1 is all about powers and superheroes.
That news quickly intrigued the fans of the famous Mark Millar and Frank Quitely comic series. As fans of the comics will know that the material for the series is a promising one. It remains how the creators adapt the comic to screens.
Jupiter’s Legacy Season 1: Release Date
The series has been under work for over two years now. Netflix had greenlighted the series way back in 2018. With the first season of the show expected to get underway with eight episodes. Filming for series began last July.
However, the journey of the series has not been smooth at all, with director Steven S. DeKnight departing midway through the project to be replaced by Sang Kyu Kim. As per the last reports, the show will look to stick to its original plan of release in 2020.
Jupiter’s Legacy Season 1: Cast
The series is going to resume with a high group of actors leading the project.
- Josh Duhamel as Sheldon Sampson, leader of the superhero team, The Utopian
- Ben Daniels as Walter Sampson, Sheldon’s older brother
- Leslie Bibb as Grace Sampson, Sheldon’s wife and one of the most powerful heroes on the planet
- Elena Kampouris as Chloe Sampson, Grace and Sheldon’s daughter
- Andrew Horton as Brandon Sampson, Grace and Sheldon’s son
- Mike Wade as Fitz Small, one of the most valued members of The Union
- Matt Lanter as George Hutchene, Sheldon’s closest ally before turning against him and the rest of his teammates in The Union
Jupiter’s Legacy Season 1: Storyline
As the creators of the series have already expressed, the show won’t look to stray far from its source. Which means the story would focus on the world’s first group of superheroes. Being from the 1930s, these heroes are way past their hay days. Instead, they have been replaced by the young guard, trying to live up to their glory. But it is a tough task for the next generation.