Top Gun was a 1986 movie starring Tom Cruise, and now after more than 30 years it is getting a sequel starring… yes, Tom flipping Cruise.
And he’s not the only one who’s going to come back for the 3-decade old movie’s sequel.
Top Gun: Maverick Trailer
The first official trailer was shown at the 2019 San Diego Comic-Con on July 18, 2019. Tom’s fans went on a crazy cruise after seeing him in the trailer and compared it to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The second trailer was released on December 16, 2019.
Top Gun: Maverick Release Date
Originally scheduled to be released on July 12, 2019, but was shifted back a year in August 2018.
And now again scheduled to be released on June 26, 2020. This time confirmed by the Paramount Pictures. Hopefully, this time the date won’t budge.
The pre-production of the film officially started on May 30, 2018, in San Diego, California.
On June 19, 2019, Milles Teller revealed in an interview that the crew had finished filming two days prior to the set schedule.
Top Gun: Maverick Cast
- Tom Cruise as Captain Pete “Maverick” Mitchell,
- Miles Teller as Lieutenant Bradley “Rooster” Bradshaw,
- Jennifer Connelly as Maverick’s love interest,
- Jon Hamm as a vice admiral,
- Glen Powell as a pilot trainee “Hangman”,
- Lewis Pullman,
- Ed Harris as a rear admiral, as Maverick’s superior,
- Val Kilmer as Admiral Tom “Iceman” Kazansky, a fellow instructor and friend/former rival of Maverick,
- Monica Barbaro as a pilot trainee “Phoenix”,
- Manny Jacinto as Fritz,
- Charles Parnell as a rear admiral Marcus “Sundown” Williams,
- Jay Ellis as a pilot trainee “Payback”,
- Bashir Salahuddin as Coleman,
- Danny Ramirez as a pilot trainee “Fanboy”,
- Jean Louisa Kelly as Carole Bradshaw
- and many more new faces to be seen.
Top Gun: Maverick Plot
“This world fascinated me because it’s so different from what it was originally. But I don’t want to do a remake. I don’t want to do a reinvention. I want to do a new movie.”
The synopsis of the movie goes like this:
After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete Mitchell is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him.